This is the official repository for general community policy decisions.
- How do we handle questions with answers on other sites?
- Is the use of ChatGPT or other chatbot software forbidden?
- Are astrophysics, cosmology, and theoretical astrophysics on topic?
- Can I ask questions about the Earth?
- Can I ask about UFOs?
- Is astrology on topic?
- What if astrology is only peripheral to my question?
- Are resource requests allowed?
- Are homework questions allowed?
- Is history of astronomy on topic?
- Are beginner questions allowed?
- Is planetary science on topic?
- Can I ask about configuring astronomy software?
- I want to share my personal theories here. Why can't I do that?
- Can I ask for book recommendations?
- Where can I find resources such as books to get additional information about astronomy?
- Where can I share astronomy jokes?
- I'm not a professional. Are there still ways I can help scientists online?
- How does astronomy make a difference in the world?
- Where can I find educational resources for astronomy?
On Writing Guidelines
- Someone says I didn't properly attribute my source or I should have used quotes. Do I really have to do that?
- What are the guidelines for linking to external materials or scripts I created?