Astrophysicist, computer scientist, research group leader in high performance computing and data science, programming language expert, software architect and C++ standardization committee member.
My long-term research focuses on numerical cosmological relativity as an approach to solve the backreaction conjecture. Because general relativity is one of the most beautiful and profund theory in physics. Because is it not a simple problem and because simple problems are boring. And because it raises fundamental questions in philosophy, physics and computer science. As a consequence my day-to-day research is currently oriented towards fundamental problems in high performance computing, data science and programming languages.
Because fundamental research often leads to genericity, the abovementioned research has direct applications in a wide range of domains. The bit manipulation algorithms I originally developed to speed up tree data structures in physics simulations are now under review by the C++ Standardization Committee to be integrated to the next version of the C++ language, with applications in bioinformatics, climate science, number theory and neural networks.
One day Chopin said "Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." and I really thinks that the same applies to research and code development.
- Stack Overflow 43.5k 43.5k 4242 gold badges148148 silver badges307307 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 3.6k 3.6k 33 gold badges2121 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.1k 1.1k 99 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Physics 861 861 77 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- Astronomy 560 560 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 415 Fastest way to check if a file exist using standard C++/C++11/C?
- 257 Remove xticks in a matplotlib plot?
- 128 Fastest way to check if a file exist using standard C++/C++11/C?
- 94 Reset C int array to zero : the fastest way?
- 91 Does constexpr imply inline?
- 90 Default initialization of std::array?
- 87 Difference between std::system_clock and std::steady_clock?
- View more network posts →