I've been seriously coding since 1995 and had my hand in a lot of the Perl and CPAN infrastructure and wrote the Perl testing library, Test::More.
I focus on the "intangibles" of software engineering and architecture, and take a broad, polyglot approach to software. Rather than learning the latest hot framework, I focus on the techniques and patterns which are the foundation for good software.
If you like my work here, and you'd like to hire me for mentoring or consulting work, I can be found on https://codementor.io/schwern
- Stack Overflow 115.6k 115.6k 2020 gold badges139139 silver badges275275 bronze badges
- History 44.9k 44.9k 1010 gold badges124124 silver badges166166 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 28.9k 28.9k 44 gold badges7171 silver badges114114 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 12.2k 12.2k 44 gold badges4444 silver badges6161 bronze badges
- Physics 4k 4k 22 gold badges1313 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 497 What is the difference between public, protected, package-private and private in Java?
- 284 How do I install g++ for Fedora?
- 241 How do I find the next commit in git? (child/children of ref)
- 232 Did the UK homicide rate go up after handgun ownership was banned?
- 218 Why didn't Germany blockade the Strait of Gibraltar during WW2?
- 195 Git SVN error: a Git process crashed in the repository earlier
- 180 On 1941 Dec 7, could Japan have targeted the Panama Canal instead of Pearl Harbor in a surprise attack?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.