Hey there! I'm HDE 226868, an astrophysics and mathematics major looking to focus on computational and stellar astrophysics. My current interests include pulsar timing and x-ray spectroscopy of massive stars. Ask me about them at any time! I love to talk and write about astronomy.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy, and a retired moderator on Interpersonal Skills. I also participate on a number of sites elsewhere on the network.
Oh, and I run, program, listen to music, design crosswords, blog, and play board games, when I have the time.
A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Member for 4 years, 8 months
47 profile views
Last seen 13 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 122 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- 114 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- 107 Is it worth sending a manned mission to a black hole?
- 107 How to ask a vegan to stop telling me about veganism because I am not interested in it?
- 106 If you're gonna talk Politics, you must respect those who disagree
- 91 What could make a star green?
- View more network posts →