Hi there! I'm HDE, a PhD student in astronomy. I work on pulsar timing, focusing on detecting gravitational waves and looking at weird pulse profiles. I also enjoy long-distance running, crosswords, hot chocolate and a good book, though usually not all at once.
I'm an elected moderator on Worldbuilding, and a pro-tem mod on History of Science & Mathematics, Mythology, and Astronomy. In bygone days, I moderated Interpersonal Skills.
He/him pronouns, please.
A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
Member for 6 years, 7 months
67 profile views
Last seen Mar 1 at 17:14
- Worldbuilding♦ 91.6k 91.6k 2222 gold badges280280 silver badges505505 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 30.4k 30.4k 1313 gold badges7373 silver badges120120 bronze badges
- Astronomy♦ 29.5k 29.5k 33 gold badges9797 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Skeptics 10.7k 10.7k 55 gold badges5858 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Physics 10.1k 10.1k 55 gold badges3535 silver badges6666 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 288 Thank you, Robert Cartaino
- 162 How to tell an overweight person that the hike will be too hard?
- 155 After the recent CM departures, are there plans to shut down network sites or Area 51?
- 127 Did a computer error lead to 6,000 votes switching from Joe Biden to President Trump?
- 124 Is phosphine evidence of life on Venus?
- 123 Toward a philosophy of Chat
- 118 Revisiting the "Hot Network Questions" feature, what are our shared goals for having it?
- View more network posts →