Professor of Astrophysics at Keele University, UK
Scientists are not dependent on the ideas of a single man, but on the combined wisdom of thousands of men, all thinking of the same problem - Ernest Rutherford (but I'm sure he meant women too...)
Member for 6 years
38 profile views
Last seen Oct 20 at 7:53
- Physics 89.5k 89.5k 77 gold badges185185 silver badges306306 bronze badges
- Astronomy 82.7k 82.7k 66 gold badges192192 silver badges279279 bronze badges
- Biology 418 418 22 silver badges99 bronze badges
- The Great Outdoors 234 234 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Space Exploration 179 179 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 211 If I sliced the universe in half, would the slice go through a star?
- 190 Seeing something from only one angle means you have only seen (what?)% of its surface area at most?
- 162 Why is the discovery of merging neutron stars important?
- 139 How can there be 1,000 stellar ancestors before our Sun?
- 110 Would we have more than 8 minutes of light, if the sun "went out"?
- 90 Could the dinosaurs have seen the asteroid that killed them?
- 86 Why doesn't the nuclear fusion in a star make it explode?
- View more network posts →