I'm a retired aeronautical engineer, with published research mainly in the areas of conformal mapping, potential flow, viscous/inviscid interaction, and grid generation.
A lifelong sailor (having won several local & national titles), I've been particularly involved with high-speed hydrofoil sailboats.
I have also been an avid amateur astronomer, concentrating on astrophotography and supernova-searching, the latter activity helping to stimulate my interest in cosmology, relativity, and modern physics in general.
Member for 2 years, 2 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jan 26 at 22:01
Top network posts
- 76 Why isn't an infinite, flat, nonexpanding universe filled with a uniform matter distribution a solution to Einstein's equation?
- 29 Why are aerodynamic / streamlined shapes always stumpy at the front?
- 9 Is a shadow 2D?
- 6 How Much Do Spiral Arms Affect Their Galaxies' Rotation Curves?
- 5 If the expansion of the universe were to stop, would galaxies continue moving away from each other at a constant speed?
- 5 What comet's tail did Earth pass through before Halley's?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
Aug 13 '19