I'm a graduate student in planetary science. My primary areas of interest are scientific computing, magnetohydrodynamics (MHD) and software engineering. I've studied the Sun by running massively parallel simulations and analyzing the results. I currently study the MHD of Saturn's thermosphere.
I have been programming for many years. I may not be in a position to be able to answer a lot at this time, but I can still contribute by voting up/down and/or modifying others' answers! :-)
Areas of interest are listed below, in descending order of familiarity.
Operating System Experience:
- Mac OS X
- Linux (generic)
- Windows XP and later (limited)
- Supercomputing environments (generic, limited)
- TI OS (TI-84+) :-)
- zOS (IBM mainframes, limited)
Programming Language Experience
- Fortran (90 and later)
- MATLAB / Octave
- BASH scripting
- HTML5, PHP (limited experience)
- [I am familiar with several others.]
- Makefile scripting
- CSS (limited)
Experience by Topic
- Fourier Transforms (FFTW, (D)FFTPACK5.1, MATLAB), though less so when it comes to signal analysis applications
- Finite difference methods (ordinary, combined-compact, uniform or nonuniform grids)
- Spectral transform and psuedospectral methods for solving partial differential equations
- General numerical analysis
- Plasma physics
- Solar physics
- OpenGL (very limited)
Member for 5 years, 8 months
0 profile views
Last seen Nov 21 '16 at 22:58
- Academia 4.9k 4.9k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges4444 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 2.2k 2.2k 1111 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.6k 1.6k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.4k 1.4k 22 gold badges88 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Arqade 1.2k 1.2k 1010 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 104 When should linear regression be called "machine learning"?
- 75 What's a good way to prevent students from saying I lost their paper?
- 66 What's a good way to prevent students from saying I lost their paper?
- 34 What would an inclusive curriculum look like in a computer science course?
- 29 How to move from makeindex to xindy?
- 26 What does an absolute novice need to learn to make a successful emergency landing?
- 26 Should I hold the same writing standards for international students as I do for domestic students?
- View more network posts →