David the expat sez: "Stack Exchange Rocks!" so, let Stack Exchange be Stack Exchange.
My goal is to spend less time in my "...snow white cube containing only the bare necessities, a computer, and a large library of treatises, maps, and precise scale models*."
Member for 5 years, 6 months
58 profile views
Last seen 18 hours ago
- Space Exploration 119.3k 119.3k 3838 gold badges320320 silver badges984984 bronze badges
- Astronomy 25.1k 25.1k 66 gold badges4848 silver badges153153 bronze badges
- Earth Science 6.9k 6.9k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 6.6k 6.6k 2626 silver badges6363 bronze badges
- Chemistry 6.3k 6.3k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 150 How did the Apollo computers evaluate transcendental functions like sine, arctangent, log?
- 106 What makes Ada the language of choice for the ISS's safety-critical systems?
- 96 What aspects of image preparation workflows can lead to accidents like Boris Johnson's No. 10 tweet's 'hidden message'?
- 87 If a massive object like Jupiter flew past the Earth how close would it need to come to pull people off of the surface?
- 84 Are there any satellites in geosynchronous but not geostationary orbits?
- 80 What can the KSP game actually teach about spaceflight and orbital mechanics, and what are its limitations?
- 79 Could "peak Apollo levels" of support have gotten NASA astronauts to Mars in the 1980's?
- View more network posts →